Production & Planning Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Production Engineer to join our team in Avilés, Spain. The primary responsibilities of this role will include organising and owning shopfloor production maintaining activities to meet business KPIs and meet demands of business for on time delivery.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of two years of experience in a similar role and worked in manufacturing shopfloor with managing changing demands. Additionally, the candidate should have a strong understanding of mechanincal engineering best practices, manufacturing processes and be knowledgeable in working with ERP software.
TheSteelPrinters 'operation team' is newly formed team with ample of growth opportunity. This is a 12-month contract position and if you are the best fit in then with a potential full-time contract upon its completion.
Submit your application using the form. Find out more further down the page.
- Overseeing the production work is completed on time and managing shopfloor loading.
- Support line manager with planning and maintaining production schedule.
- Diagnosing problems in the production and providing recommendations for resolutions, improvements, and training.
- Identifying, documenting, and reporting practices that have quality and safety concerns.
- Liaising with other engineers and suppliers to develop plans that improve production, costs, and labor required.
- Scheduling meetings with relevant departments and stakeholders.
- Obtaining any materials and equipment required.
- Overseeing the maintenance of production equipment and machinery.
- Monitoring quality control throughout the production process onsite & offsite.
- Lead product deviation processes, securing root-cause analysis and implementation of corrective/preventive actions.
- Work with line manager and management for infrastructure selection, inventory management and plant capacity/utilization reporting.
- Analysing all facets of production and making recommendations of improvement.
THE RIGHT PERSON:
- Bachelor´s/ Master´s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical/manufacturing engineering with a strong understanding of shopfloor management and planning.
- Able and comfortable to engage with external parties like customers and suppliers on regular basis in Spain and other countries.
- Knowledge and experience of traditional manufacturing techniques such as lathe, milling, surface finishing and casting.
- Good understanding of technical drawing standards (including GDT).
- Fluency in Spanish and professional level of spoken and written English.
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills.
- Lateral thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Should possess 'Can do' attitude.
- Legal authorization to live and work in the EU.